Saturday, April 17, 2010

From Housewife... To Divorce... To Successful!

This might not be the most interesting post, but necessary, to know a little bit about where I have been, to make sense of the posts that will follow! :)

I got married to my now ex-husband, in 1998, when I was 18. We had our first child pretty quickly... A little boy. We decided 6 months later, that it was time for the next baby! So when our little one was 15 months old, I gave birth to our second son. Soon to follow, in the next 2 1/2 years, were our third, and forth son! Yup! Four little boys! And all planned! People like to assume that we were irresponsible with birth control, or that we "kept going" to try for a girl... Nope! We planned all four, and are so blessed to have them.
I was a stay at home mom, from the time my first child was born. I was SO blessed to be able to be at home with them. My husband worked very hard, to allow me to do that. That time is so important, for them to be able to stay home with their mother. I loved every minute of it. I was as close I could get, to the "perfect housewife"... Making homemade baby food, cooking, keeping the house clean (or as clean as I could, with children!), "homeschooling" them as soon as they could speak, and caring for my husband and children. I LOVED it! It was everything I had ever dreamed of for my life.
My husband and I were very happy, and we had a wonderful marriage. A wonderful family. Through a series of events (which I will explain at some point, when I'm comfortable), things started to fall apart about 8 years into our marriage. We got divorced just short of our 10 year anniversary. (The events surrounding the divorce are, again, something I will explain when comfortable doing so.)
So skip to post divorce... I now find myself alone, and needing a job, which was quite scary after being a housewife my whole adult life! What made the most sense, and was the quickest option, was going back to Publix, where I worked before I was married. Through a total miracle, I got hired very quickly by Publix, and FULL TIME... Which is nearly impossible, to walk in off the street and get. I stayed with my parents for 6 months or so, while I worked, and saved, to be able to get on my feet, and be able to support myself and the boys. And I did it! God provided me with a beautiful apartment, and even things to fill it with! What a great feeling of accomplishment that was!
Currently, on the subject of career... I am still at Publix. I have gone to school to become a Certified Nursing Assistant, and have passed the written exam, and will be taking the clinical exam soon! I want to work at a nursing home. I think, well I KNOW, that there is such a need in that area. I think I could really make a difference in the lives of the people there, and it's something that's always been on my heart to do. So I'm excited about this next chapter in my life.
So, single mama... Working hard to provide for my family, my precious boys and I. Starting another chapter in my life. I have goals in place, things I want to accomplish, and WILL! I am a strong, independent, confident woman. I stay in a close relationship with God, and He guides me through my days, and along the path He has for my life. Without Him, I couldn't have accomplished the things I have, and I wouldn't have the peace and confidence to know that I WILL accomplish all that I have yet to accomplish! All in all... Life is good. Looking ahead to the future now... XOXO!

No comments:

Post a Comment