Saturday, May 1, 2010

It's All Going To Be Ok!

Lately, I have come in contact with SO MANY people, who are unhappy with their lives, and the situations they are in, or are going through hard times, and are really "down". This is a really hard place to be in. I know that "dark" place.
What I have learned to do, is to stay one step ahead of the enemy, who is going to try his best, to get you into that dark place... Whether it's reminding you of your past, and how you don't deserve to be happy, trying to make you hold on to guilt, from past decisions, and mistakes you've made, trying to convince you that your situation is hopeless, and you're never going to make it through, giving you a feeling like you are stuck, and never going to see the light at the end of the tunnel, or that you simply can't accomplish, whatever it is, that you are trying to accomplish... Just to name a few! I have learned to know that these thoughts are going to creep into my mind, and try to take me down, distracting me from focusing on what my goals are, and staying on the path God has for my life. If I can catch them when they first start to creep in, and have a plan of attack when they do, I can avoid getting stuck in the enemy's traps. I can overcome the lies of the enemy.
It is so hard to feel the things I listed above. If you dwell on these feelings, it can really be dangerous. Dangerous to your relationship with God, to you're ability to live life, work, take care of your children, etc. It can put you in a place where you become stuck in this deep hole, desperately wanting to get out of it, but not having any idea how. First, know that there IS hope! "But in my distress I cried out to the LORD; Yes, I prayed to my God for help. He heard me from His sanctuary; my cry reached His ears." Psalm 18:8 "Don't be afraid, for I am with you, Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand...I am holding you by your right hand. I, the LORD your God. And I say to you, "Do not be afraid. I am here to help you. Despised though you are, don't be afraid, for I will help you. I am the LORD, your Redeemer. I am the Holy One." Isaiah 41:10-14
First thing, PRAY... Give all of your troubles, fears, guilt, and feelings of hopelessness over to God. Than LEAVE THEM THERE! That's the hard part, leaving it all there, in God's hands, and TRUSTING that He will do what He promises... take care of you... "But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all things will be added to you." Matthew 6:33
After praying, leaving your troubles with God, and trusting in Him to take care of you, the next step is to be prepared for these feelings to creep in again! They creep up in me all the time. My strategy... Go directly to the Bible, and read, read, read! I read, pray, and spend time with God, reminding myself, that He has my worries covered. Than put it out of your mind, and move on, pressing forward toward your goals. I used to think that "putting it out of my mind" was just going into denial about my problems. Denial used to be my strategy, in the past, when facing hard times. But then I realized that I was no longer going into denial mode, I was simply putting my faith and trust in God, and letting Him work in my life. Not worrying, shows your faith in God.
The last thing... Do your very best, try your hardest, and continue to press forward and stay on the path God has for your life, and He WILL do all the rest! We work hard, have faith, and God picks up there... Working everything for good, to those who love and have faith in Him.
Times are hard, it seems for a lot of people right now, myself included, but if we learn how to handle these difficult times, have a plan of attack, for when those thoughts of hopelessness creep in, and work our hardest to overcome them, God will be there holding our hand, leading us to the place that He has for our lives... And we will have come out of these times, having learned so many valuable lessons, about life, ourselves, and God's faithfulness in times of trouble.
Bottom line... It's all going to be OK! XOXO!

No comments:

Post a Comment