Monday, May 17, 2010

Thoughts On Turning 30....

Turning 30...
Wow... How in the world am I 30 already! Time sure does fly! I would be okay with the big 30, except for the fact that I am not at all in the place in my life that I thought I would be in at 30... If someone would have told me when I was 25, a housewife, with a nearly perfect marriage, and four beautiful little boys, that I would go into my 30's a single momma, with my marriage of 10 years having failed, and I would be working towards starting a career, and would be supporting my family, on my own.... I would have laughed, and said they were CRAZY! But this is how I find myself at 30... Which is what made turning 30 pretty hard.
Of course, that's on the outside... On the inside, I have learned a lot in my 30 years, and through the mistakes of the past, a failed marriage, etc. I have grown into a strong, confident, wise, stronger woman of God. I have successfully managed to provide for myself and the boys on my own. I have a great job, and will soon have my Certified Nursing Assistant license. I have learned that I don't need a man in my life to be happy. That was a BIG lesson that I had to learn! I learned that you have to create your own happiness, within yourself, not rely on someone else to make you happy. That leads to getting let down - big time. Never count on someone else to provide your happiness, let your happiness come from within you, and the happiness and peace that God gives.
I have learned so much through the mistakes I have made. I have definitely used them as learning experiences, and used them to make lots of changes in my life, and within myself. I have become very confident in my strengths and abilities, and confident within myself. I have learned to fully trust God, in EVERYTHING. He has never let me down! My mistakes, and learning through each and every one of them, have made me a better christian, a better mother, and a better person.
I am definitely not where I thought I would be at 30... But I also know that God has great plans in store for this new phase in my life, and I am working very hard to accomplish all the goals that I have set for myself. And with God's help, I WILL accomplish them ALL!
So... here's to turning 30, and becoming a new and improved ME! :) XOXO!

1 comment:

  1. Awe... I just realized that I wrote this on my Grandmother's 83rd Birthday! Happy Birthday, Nana! I Love You! XOXO!

    ReplyDelete