Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mother's Day....

OK, so I'm a little late on the Mother's Day post! That goes to show ya how much free time a momma has!
Mother's Day.... Well, being a single momma, gone are the days of sleeping in, and daddy taking over all of the responsibility for the day! I got woken up at 6am to, "Happy Mother's Day, Mommy! Oh... mommy, I peed in my bed...." Nice....!
I made the boys pancakes, and refereed some fights. Than I took a shower in record time, because of banging and crying at my door! I got us all packed up, to go to Tampa, to spend the rest of the day with MY MOMMA, and made the drive, which was mostly peaceful! My time with my mom was SO GREAT. We had an amazing day, precious time together as a family, and the kids behaved very well. They all made me and their Mimi, (my mom), sweet cards and letters. One of the boys, my 8 year old, wrote a letter that said, "I love you so much, with my Godly heart", it was so precious!
In all of the responsibility, crying, fighting, etc., we sometimes forget how blessed we are to be a mother. We have had these precious lives placed in our hands, to teach, mold, guide, care for, and give unconditional love to. Each and every moment with our children, is a precious gift. Sometimes, especially as single mothers (or single fathers), we get so caught up in the everyday "grind", that we don't take the time to stop, and just ENJOY our children... Enjoy being a parent. "Hurry up and eat your dinner..." "Come on, get in the bath... No I said get in the bath now!" "Let's go... bedtime..." "You didn't do your HOMEWORK! Get over here, and get it done, it's BEDTIME!" (At my house, we have from 5:30, which is when we get home from work/daycare, til 7:00, which is bedtime. Not a lot of time there!) We need to make sure that with all the responsibility, and for single parents, lack of time at night, etc., that we take the time to have some fun, and enjoy the precious moments with our children, even if just for 15 minutes a night. Have a little fun, or quality time. Plan something special each weekend. Enjoy this precious time, which passes way to fast. We won't have these young years with them forever... Cherish each and every second. ENJOY being a mom... Enjoy your children, even in the stressful or trying times.
I love my boys so much. I am so blessed to be their mother. I feel so honored that God trusted ME, with these precious lives. I work hard, everyday, to do my very best as a mother to them, and as a person, to be a good example for them to follow. My boys are my most precious gift...
On another subject, it had been way too long since I had seen my mother, before Mother's Day. Life moves fast, there is so much going on to keep up with... the kids, work, and running a household on my own. But always make sure you take time out of your schedule, no matter what, to spend time with your loved ones.
I love you, my precious baby boys. Thank you for always trying your best, loving God, and being the best sons a mother could ever ask for. To my momma... I love you, my wonderful mom. Thank you for always loving me, unconditionally, being an awesome mother, and an example to me of how a mother should love and cherish her children.
Happy (late) Mother's Day! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment